Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today – the phone. Through Kargo’s high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, brands and agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company’s growth and achievements on prestigious lists and by winning prominent awards, including: the Inc. 500 list (2015 and 2016), the Entrepreneur 360 list (2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the Crain’s New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 and 2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY 2016 award and Business Insider’s “hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups” list (2015 and 2016). Kargo employs 250 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London and Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) and Linkedin.
- Based out of our NYC Headquarters, you will be in a high visibility role that is responsible for maximizing Kargo’s revenue and the utilization of its inventory across all revenue streams.
- Play a key part in measuring and optimizing the overall health of Kargo’s business streams, including analysis of revenue, supply & demand, pricing and inventory consumption.
- Operationalize analytical processes to help provide tools and insights in consumable manner, working with Product and Engineering teams to build into product suite.
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve overall yield of Kargo’s revenue streams.
- Teams include product, ad operations, programmatic, publisher and business operations teams.
- Identify and analyze the impact of market trends, identify and implement new opportunities to drive profitability, mitigate business risks, and drive quantitative decision making cross-teams.
- Build, maintain and optimize the revenue analytics infrastructure (comprised of sales analytics, inventory analytics & programmatic analytics).
- Develop quantitative models to drive periodic forecasts as well as the annual revenue budget cycle.
- Work closely with Business/Sales Operations to ensure focus on gross margins across company for all regions
- Play an active and collaborative role in the conception, development, rollout and optimization of new ad products
- Possess a willingness to do what it takes to get to the route of any issues, surface it and suggest remedies that work to best of each team’s - and Kargo overall - interests.
- Improve and implement processes with revenue operations, platform, product, technology and sales teams to effectively evaluate and monetize inventory while increasing efficiencies.
Data-driven Decision Maker:
- Committed to data-driven decision-making, working closely with the relevant key stakeholders.
- Provide recommendations for ad product packaging, pricing and sales strategy for direct and programmatic campaigns based on market analytics.
- Proactively manage rate cards, inventory segments and impression estimates.
- Build out revenue and inventory models to illustrate the impact of new or modified ad product offerings, inventory or business rules while coordinating with sales on go-to-market strategies.
- Implement pricing controls and business rules, with other departments
- Develop and maintain interdepartmental processes for sales processes and approvals
- Develop custom quantitative analyses, models and ad-hoc reports to support decision making
What you bring to Kargo:
- 5+ years of experience in inventory and/or analytics in digital landscape
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills and must be comfortable presenting to senior level executives.
- Good knowledge of relational databases and BI tools
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, time, and interpersonal management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, vLookups, SumIfs, etc.).
- Ad Exchange or Programmatic advertising experience a plus.
- Proactive and able to prove thought leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, mathematics, statistics, science, or equivalent work experience.
Please tell us a little about yourself (from where does your drive stem, wacky facts about you, crazy hacks you’ve created, favorite tech gadgets and what make you tick always encouraged). We’re looking forward to hearing from you!