Kargo is the only mobile advertising company that creates groundbreakingly innovative campaigns for over 200 of the world’s best-known brands and partners exclusively with a handpicked consortium of over 70 of the most highly respected publishers in the industry, reaching 100% of all smartphone users, an audience that eclipses Google and Facebook in terms of scale. Kargo is the first and only mobile advertiser to achieve 100% ads.txt compliance.
Kargo’s achievements have been recognized by some of the industry’s most prestigious awards and rankings including: Adweek Mobile Innovator (2017), Crain’s New York Business Fast 50 (2015-2017), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (2016, 2017), EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in NYC (2017), and Inc. 5000 (2015-2017). Kargo employs over 275 people in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Detroit, Dallas, London, Sydney and Auckland.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) and LinkedIn (Kargo).
The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will develop and oversee; the financial planning and budgeting process of the company, all internal and external financial reporting to stakeholders, and the financial analysis process to support management in making operational and strategic decisions. He/She will support management in developing financial, operational and strategic models (both short term and longer term strategic planning) with a focus on the delivery of effective and timely performance analysis. Will also develop, maintain, and champion the use of reporting tools to expand the breadth and depth of financial operational reporting in pursuit of improved visibility to management for information necessary to support strategic and tactical decision making.
The Director of Financial, Planning, and Analysis is a key member of the finance and accounting team reporting directly to the Controller/VP of Financial Operations and has a high level of visibility throughout the organization and leadership team. This person will be responsible for building the FP and A department and managing resources as appropriate. We are looking for an individual with strong experience and technical knowledge. This role is based in the NY headquarters of the company.
- Oversees and drives the annual operating budget cycle and sets the processes from a planning, operational, analysis, and communication standpoint.
- Ensures annual budgets are realistic, aligned, and evolve with company leadership's view and allow management to make decisions to meet the company's business and financial objectives.
- Develops and refines budgeting techniques to provide leadership with optimum control and planning tools that are effective and not just complete.
- Responsible for designing and distributing all internal and external reporting packages to stakeholders.
- Builds process to ensure all financial reports are timely and accurate, and draw from a central data location.
- Communicates with operational leadership in a way that enables them to fulfill their business objectives
- Creates management reports that are timely and meaningful which effectively enhance business
- Prepares monthly/quarterly analysis for management, including business reviews, rolling revenue expense forecasts and KPI’s.
- Provide recommendations for building better cost efficiencies and smarter investment allocations.
- Provides consultation to operational leadership on key projects, financial matters, financial
- performance, and related issues.
- Provides models, reporting, and support for potential Debt/Equity investment decisions, new market opportunities, and M&A opportunities.
- Provides consultation to operational leadership on ad-hoc projects and advises on the planning for new programs/investments.
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration from an accredited school.
- 5-7 years of experience in finance and accounting with a minimum of three (3) in developing budgets, models, and financial analysis.
- Must have experience using a large ERP system and/or business reporting tool.
- Very proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (power user of Excel) or similar tools.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of employees, management, executives, and other organizations.
- Proven project management, problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making ability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to influence and interface effectively with internal and external professionals.
- Ability to function in a consultative style and to drive for results through cross-functional interactions.
- Detail-oriented, business-friendly, team player, with an ability to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.