Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today – the phone. Through Kargo’s high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, brands and agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company’s growth and achievements on prestigious lists and by winning prominent awards, including: the Inc. 500 list (2015 and 2016), the Entrepreneur 360 list (2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the Crain’s New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 and 2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY 2016 award and Business Insider’s “hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups” list (2015 and 2016). Kargo employs 250 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London and Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) and Linkedin.
Director of Sales Operations will be responsible for setting and implementing the operational strategy to support more efficient and data-driven sales at Kargo.
- Set a departmental strategy and tight project roadmap based on close partnership and needs assessment with Sales Management, Revenue Operations, and Executive Leadership.
- i.e., how should Kargo set-up and prioritize a sales operations infrastructure that helps the company better understand…key metrics for sales conversion? Margin and pricing management? Performance management? Customer pipeline and opportunity?
- Own the sales forecasting and planning process and establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency:
- Partner with the Finance and Sales teams to provide visibility into current and forward-looking performance, revenue, and profitability
- Conduct pipeline analyses, optimize sales quotas and territory management
- Work closely with leadership to define optimal performance measurements and roll out plans required to ensure success:
- Align reporting, training, and incentive programs with performance priorities
- Develop, administer and communicate commission plans
- Own all tools, technology and training relating to the new business and account management teams
- Salesforce.com: implement policies to ensure data integrity; oversee integrations with existing and future internal systems; drive operational efficiency, automation and product opportunities across the organization
- Lead special projects to drive business objectives, best-practice sharing and process standardization:
- Provide analytical support for leadership to improve strategies and operations
- Lead change management efforts for the new business and account management teams
- 10+ years of experience across operations, strategy, analytics, sales process, and finance
- 5+ years of Sales Operations-specific experience required
- Successfully led operations in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong knowledge of variable compensation plans and defining, implementing, and improving sales processes, procedures and policies
- Experience liaising with key stakeholders across an organization
- Proven ability to sift through data with impeccable attention to detail
- Identify and analyze critical information and make recommendations based on conclusions
- Superb written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Technical systems experience
- Fluent in Salesforce.com administration (workflow rules, validation rules, custom objects, app packages)
- Excel (PivotTables, INDEX/MATCH, VBA preferred)
- SQL skills preferred
- Tableau and Looker skills preferred